Ahh Spring, welcome back! I have missed the warm sun and gorgeous flowers blooming. To kick off the warm weather returning, I wanted to share with you all a glowing, sun-kissed look with a pop of pink!
1) I start off with the Elf Cosmetics Mineral Infused Face Primer – Brightening Lavender. After applying the primer I like to set for a minute or so, this gives it some time to soak into my skin.
2) I take about a dime size amount of The Estee Edit Beam Team Hydrate + Glow in Sheer Golden Beige and apply this over my entire face. This gives a subtle, natural glow to the face once you apply foundation on top. (You can mix this product in with your foundation, or apply it underneath, your preference!)
3) Using the EcoTools Perfecting Blender Duo Large Base Blender I run this sponge under water, ring it out until it’s slightly damp and then go in with with my Too Faced Born This Way in Warm Beige foundation. I apply the foundation to the back of my hand (about three pumps), and then with my finger I dip it into the foundation on my hand, and apply it to my face. Once I have applied the dots of foundation onto my face I go in with the beauty sponge and start patting it onto my skin. With whatever foundation is left on the back of my hand I like to apply this on my neck and blend it with the sponge as well.
4) For my under-eye area I go in with the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Concealer in Light and apply it in an upside-down triangle shape under my eyes, the bridge of my nose, the tip of my chin, and a little in the center of my forehead. With the same sponge I used to blend out my foundation I start to buff in the concealer into my skin. I use the same side of the sponge I used to apply foundation with, this allows the concealer and foundation to melt together and look seamless.
5) To keep all of my hard work in place and not smear around my face throughout the day, I always make sure to set or “bake”. Using the same sponge, I dip the tip of the sponge into the RCMA Makeup No Color Powder (my all time favorite powder, that’s photo-friendly!) and press the sponge under my eyes, and where I have applied concealer. My under eyes love creasing whenever I have concealer on so I have the RCMA powder set under my eye for about a minute. I then go in with my EcoTools brush (I can’t find it online, but this one is pretty similar) and buff away where I “baked” and buff the powder all over my face and down my neck.
BRONZE + GLOW:
6) To bronze my skin I use my Morphe Angle Blush Brush (In the 9 Piece Deluxe Vegan Set) and the Too Faced Sweethearts Bronzer Baked Luminous Glow Bronze in Sweet Tea. I lightly dip my brush into the bronzer, and start buffing it onto my skin starting by the back of my ear/cheekbone, and slowly moving towards the center of my face. I like to start with the most product from the ear/cheekbone so that there is a gradient and it does not look as harsh. Then I dip my brush into the bronzer again and buff it onto my forehead, and the sides of my nose. This bronzer is my FAVORITE for summer. It has such a gorgeous sheen and glow, it looks so seamless on your face!
7) For cheeks I use my Real Techniques Powder Brush and apply the Wet n Wild Coloricon Blush in Pearlescent Pink to the apples of my cheeks. This blush is PIGMENTED so be careful! If you go a little overboard and think that you’ve applied too much, go back in with the brush you used to set your face and start buffing away the blush.
8) Even though the last two products (Too Faced Sweet Tea Bronzer + Coloricon Blush) both have a shimmer/glow to it, I chose to add a little more glow to the skin. Of course this part is optional. Using the Elf Cosmetics Studio Blush Brush I dust this brush into all 3 of the shades in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and apply it to the high points of my cheek, my cupid’s bow, tip of my nose, and a little bit on the forehead. This palette is quite pricey, but this trio is so gorgeous and gives a subtle “lit from within” look!
EYES + BROWS:
9) To be honest, I HATE doing my eyebrows and try to make it as quick as possible. My go-to brow product is Maybelline Brow Precise Fiber Volumizer in Deep Brown. This product has tiny little fibers in it that helps me fill in the sparse area of the brows and keeps them looking natural.
10) Since i’m adding a pop of pink for the lips, I wanted to keep my eyes very simple. Using my Elf Cosmetics Mineral Blending Eye Brush (I can’t seem to find these online anymore, but here is a similar one) I apply the Maybelline Fit Me Set + Smooth Pressed Powder in Golden Beige in my crease. Then using my finger I dip it into the BareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 2.0 in The Top Shelf using the brown (Cognac) only and pat onto my lid, and on my bottom lash line. Going back in with the Elf brush and a little bit more of the Golden Beige, I buff the product back into my crease. I do this to make sure that everything has been blended in and there are no harsh lines.
11) For lashes I applied the Ardell Faux Mink Lash #811 with Duo Lash Adhesive in Clear. After they have dried, I use a eyelash curler and curl both the falsies with my real lashes so that they blend together then apply a thin coat of L’OREAL Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara to my top and bottom lashes.
12) To add the pop of pink to tie this whole look together I use the NYX Soft Matter Lip Cream in Ibiza. I apply about two layers of this to make sure that my lips are opaque.
13) Last but not least I spritz the Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Oil Control Makeup Fixing Spray onto my face to get rid of any powdery look that the product may have caused and to have all of the makeup mesh together.
Still not sure about how to apply the makeup? Below I share some Youtubers who do the same techniques!
– Applying + blending foundation: Alexandrea Garza “NATURAL EVERYDAY MAKEUP | TRYING NEW MAKEUP PRODUCTS!” (start@2:07)
– Bronzing: Lisa Eldridge “How to Wear Bronzer Beautifully” (start@4:14)
– Eyeshadow Application: Wayne Goss “EYESHADOW FOR DUMMIES” the entire video gives a quick demonstration on easy application of eyeshadow.