Wayne Goss – most of us beauty lovers know of him and if you don’t.. you should! He is an amazing and honest YouTuber in the beauty community and I have trusted his word on all products he chooses to discuss on his channel. So when he posted his thoughts on The Ordinary, I was quite intrigued. I decided to hop onto the Beautylish website and grab a few things to get to experience first-hand the wonders of this brand! Below are the three products I decided to grab, and my thoughts on them.
(from left to right:)
– High-Adherence Silicone Primer
– 100% Plant-Derived Squalane (box is facing the wrong way, oops!)
– High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
Being someone who has quite the oily skin type, silicone in a face primer is a little daunting. With other primers I have tried that have silicone, the primers would tend to slip and slide all over my face and I would notice that my skin would feel even more oily after application. This is the primer I was the most hesitant about, yet this one ended up being my favorite of the 3 items I purchased! The High-Adherence Silicone primer has more of a lotion consistency, and when I rub it into my skin it feels so smooth and immediately smoothes out my fine lines and pores. When I apply my foundation with both beauty sponge and a foundation brush I noticed that it would glide on with ease and there would be no patchiness or difficulty with blending my foundation. This product has affected my wear time (in a good way!) of makeup as well. Since I work the average 9-5 job, I usually wear my makeup on weekdays for a little over 10 hours each day. I think that with this primer, my makeup lays so nicely and my makeup does not break apart and become patchy.
Even though I tell you my skin is oily, I do get dry patches every now and then. With The Ordinary’s description of this product:
This treatment hydrates and restores a soft, supple texture to all skin types (including acne-prone). It prevents moisture loss with regular use. It can also be applied to hair to add shine and protect from damage. (Beautylish Website)
I decided to try this out, especially since this oil can be used not only on your face, but your hair! This oil goes a LONG way with just 1 or 2 drops, so be careful! I have noticed that with this oil it leaves me looking quite shiny, so I prefer to apply this oil at night to my dry spots and allow it to soak into my skin while I am asleep. I have begun to notice that my dry spots reduce and leave my skin feeling smoothed and refreshed.
To my foundation wearers and lovers of the world (like myself) we have experienced too many times where our foundation looks splotchy, breaks up, and gets cakey. It’s not fun, and if you try to look more natural as if you’re wearing no makeup, issues like this make it hard to do so! The High-Spreadability Primer is perfect for those who are on a budget, but also want great results. I am currently using the Makeup Forever Water Blend Face & Body foundation and my preference of application is with my hand. Without any primer and this foundation I have noticed that it would start to look patchy and cling to dry areas or just dry without me getting the time to blend it out! Using this primer though I feel that it has allowed me to have an easy, smooth application of my Makeup Forever foundation and I have not noticed me having the same issues prior to a primer.
My Final Thoughts:
– First, the price tag (prices will be listed with links at the end of this post). With each of them being less than $8, there’s no reason NOT to give them a go. You get about the same amount of product in The Ordinary products as you do with any other primer/oil!
– Packaging: I love how simple and straight to the point their packaging is. They put thought into having darker bottles for some of the products to ensure that you are getting the best results and the ingredients are not tainted.
– High-Adherence Silicone Primer is great for those with oily skin and larger pores. It smoothes out those areas and creates an even, perfect canvas for makeup application.
– 100% Plant Derived Squalene helps diminish dry spots on your face and leave it smooth and glowing. My preference of application is during the nighttime before bed and apply it only to the spots that are dry on my face.
– High-Spreadability Fluid Primer allows your foundation of choice to glide on with ease and not end up cakey or patchy.
Below are the prices as well as links if you want to give it a go yourself!
All links and prices are from the Beautylish website
High-Adherence Silicone Primer | $4.90
100% Plant-Derived Squalane | $7.90
High-Spreadability Fluid Primer | $7.90
Have you tried any of The Ordinary products? What are your favorites?